Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Anne Hathaway on Winning An Oscar: Whatever Happens, Happens



NEWS -CINEMA-MUSIC-CELEBRITY-WORLD-POLITICS

via glooce

 


She's won big at the Golden Globes and now the BAFTAs, but will Anne Hathaway take home an Oscar? 

Hathaway – who is nominated for Best Supporting Actress for her role in Les Misérables – isn't spending too much time worrying about it. 

Stay in the know about Anne Hathaway by subscribing now.

"Whatever happens in two weeks, happens. It won't be the worst thing that happens to me if I don't win, and with my husband by my side it won't be the best thing either. So I am feeling very good about whatever," the actress, 30, told reporters backstage after nabbing a best supporting actress statue at Sunday's British Academy of Film and Television Arts Awards in London.

"I really have to say that getting to do the work, getting to play the character with this cast and to have this opportunity, it is the most sublime experience. I don't know how I got so lucky. ... So I don't think ahead – I am just happy to be in the conversation in two weeks' time," she said. 

But should she win, Hathaway has been imagining where to keep her statue. 

"I kind of have this fantasy – because this year that I have been lucky enough to receive a few pieces of hardware – that I'm going to get a tool shed and keep it in my garage so that it opens to some music. But for now I am just going to keep it in my kitchen," she said.

While she's earned awards and received critical acclaim for her portrayal of Fantine, she says the best thing to come of filming the musical epic was meeting costar Russell Crowe. 

"The biggest surprise of the whole experience was what a sweetie pie Russell Crowe was. The whole cast would kind of gather around his place and we would just sing for hours. We all bonded that way. He has become a dear, dear friend," she said, "and I feel very blessed to have him in our life."


Source 2



No comments:

Post a Comment